The Univisionist 2.14 — Newsflash: There’s Good Reason to be Up-Beat
1. Fun explanatory video: USI & Donut Economics
2. 2020 United States Presidential Contender & ‘Freedom-Dividend’-advocate Andrew Yang has published a new book — Forward: Notes on the Future of Our Democracy
CC: Australia’s ISIS-Loving Super-Empowered 8
November 11, 2021
As per ‘The Univisionist 2.13’, Indirect-Survival-Income-Slavery (ISIS) is the source of our Socio-Econo-Enviro- (SEE) catastrophes.
Yet, the solution is definitive and — with the will — simple and invigorative — i.e.:
‘Substitute The Universal Survival Income (USI) for Universal Minimum Hourly Wages (UMHoW)’.
The Super-Empowered 8
Regarding the Super-Empowered 8, their respective platforms constitute critical societal space such that we may not be able to advance until one of them publicly acknowledges ISIS must be solved.
Certainly, it would only take one to get the necessary debate started.
Happily, solving ISIS is not only in the best interests of the nation (and humanity per se), it is also in the best direct interests of each of the Super-Empowered 8’s constituencies.
1. On the Left, it solves exploitation
2. On the Right, it solves restrictiveness.
Thus, any one of the 8 can potentially pioneer supporting it.
‘More often than not, people get rewarded more for keeping a problem around than for solving it,’ Andrew Yang.
Back in his heyday, Paul Keating was on a winner in emphasising: “Always bet on the horse called ‘Self-Interest’”.
And, the Super-Empowered’s Melbourne Cup is the ISIS-induced Left versus Right rat-race.
That is, notwithstanding their considerable country-contributions, it is from this rat-race our Super-Empowered 8 have each gained extraordinary personal success and privilege.
However, while they do seem far too comfortable with the status-quo, this is not to say the 8 are consciously ignoring the solution to our culminating perfect storm of exponentiating Socio-Econo-Enviro- (SEE) catastrophes.
[If this were the case, it would be a most extreme betrayal of responsibility — i.e. via allowing (even inciting) crimes against humanity and crimes against nature [what an epitaph], it would be traitorous to country, species and all those conscious (both present and future).]
On the contrary, these 8 have self-sacrificingly devoted themselves to lives of public service.
Therefore, the problem may be that they’ve only recently been exposed to Civilisationism — including the Indirect-Survival-Income-Slavery (ISIS) and Coopetition-maximising narratives — such that they haven’t yet grasped its significance and/or adapted and/or determined how best to change course.
Accordingly, at this point, due to natural justice and their undoubted tremendous talents for achieving good, they deserve the benefit of the doubt and some limited time for investigation and consideration before any judgement as to which is Trump — i.e. their conscience or their self-interest (including ego).
Of course, there is also the possibility that, for whatever reason, one or more may be unable to adequately get their mind around it, may lack sufficient imagination or are just too afraid to move forward of the pack.
So, balancing ‘the importance of being earnest’ in cauterizing our exponentiating SEE catastrophes, perhaps, the 50-day remainder of 2021 is reasonable.
Thus, by the completion of this time-frame, if there is no evidence they have sufficiently reflected, in the New Year, presumptive or not, the CDO feels humbly obligated to one-by-one (or, in some cases, in combination) provide a case for each of their resignations in the hope that a new occupant can rise adequately to do what’s required.
The Econo- High Priest
Currently, amongst other things, there’s a battle of secular-religions between:
1. The Econo- — i.e. we don’t exist for ourselves and each other (the Socio-) but for what we can contribute to (glorifying) the Econo-
[The paradox of this is, if our current Econo- were a business in a competitive market, it would be terminated for being prohibitively inefficient (please see below).]
2. The Enviro- — i.e. its ongoing destruction is an existential threat to our societies if not our species.
[Ironically, Econo-Enviro- harmony is achieved when the Socio- is optimised, which requires the abolition of Indirect-Survival-Income-Slavery (ISIS).]
Regarding the Econo-, the Australian High Priest is, arguably, the Reserve Bank Governor.
And, while for some of the Super-Empowered 8, 50 days to enlightenment may be a challenge, Philip Lowe shouldn’t even require time enough to recline in his chair — it’s unthinkable he cannot swiftly grasp it.
Imagine, the Econo- returned to being ‘exclusively for producing and distributing the goods and services we need/desire’ instead of increasingly being to pervert the labour market with increasing percentages of division-creating, division-magnifying, division-managing and jobs-for-jobs’-sake paid-work.
And, with Unemployment/Underemployment perpetually zero, Unemployment is no longer a target, which means, in conjunction with the 2 instruments (fiscal policy (i.e. government expenditure/taxation) and monetary policy), the macro-Econo- targets will be reduced from 3 to 2 (i.e. inflation and the foreign exchange rate without Unemployment). And, pseudo-analogously, as any budding primary-school mathematician knows, whereas 3 unknowns (X, Y, Z) and 2 equations are unsolvable (in economics, unstable), 2 unknowns and 2 equations are child’s-play (stable).
[Aside: with privatised ‘currency competition’ — for example, the banks, instead of free-riding on the government-managed currency, each administering their own international currency — government would be left with just the instrument of fiscal policy without any macro targets — i.e. neither inflation nor the exchange rate — which means, potentially, the fun-fair good-times can really roll.]
Furthermore, The USI for UMHoW policy is a PUSH-eradicator — i.e. it eradicates Poverty, Unemployment (via UMHoW being replaced), Stigma (‘dole-bludger’ and racist-stereotype narratives) & Harassment (‘mutual obligations’), which produces inordinate cost savings.
Regarding the Poverty-eradication, therefore, it also vanquishes all Poverty’s generated-costs including the lion-share of escapism (alcohol and other drugs plus self-harm), crime (including domestic violence) and mental-illness (in November 2020, the Productivity Commission estimated the economic cost of mental illness in Australia at over $200 billion a year).
The Econo- Big Picture benefits go on and on and on:
1. Labour market deregulation because legal-exploitation (i.e. Slavery) has been abolished
2. The political capacity for comparatively non-distortionary taxes such as an increased and full-breadth GST
3. The eradication of the ‘welfare-to-paid-work’ distortion
4. The closing of the volunteer-to-paid-work wage-chasm — i.e. the chasm in which while 5.7 million Australians are ‘employed’ as volunteers on $0.00 per hour and around 2.5 million on the minimum wage of $20.33 per hour, none (other than a few exceptions) are legally employed between $0.01 and $20.32
5. The more than doubling of ‘the production and distribution of the goods and services we need/desire’ yet, because it’s efficient, with far less Enviro- destruction (i.e. it’s COP26 friendly) …
Philip, with respect, the CDO implores, just one half-complimentary comment from you regarding The USI would be enough to kick-start this urgently needed debate so that this global 260-year time, resources and lives wasting ISIS-paradigm may be concluded.
While aware ‘the status-quo has many friends’, The CDO is optimistic that at least one of the Super-Empowered 8 will, before the end of the year, in some way or other, signal they are unhappy with millions of Australians being subject to Indirect-Survival-Income-Slavery (ISIS).
The Citizen’s Dividend Organisation (CDO) Australia
The Civilisationism Organisation (TCO)
Humanity is being confronted by a culminating perfect storm of exponentiating Socio-Econo-Enviro- (SEE) catastrophes including:
- Socio: poverty, homelessness, mental-illness, escapism (such as drug & alcohol abuse and suicide), domestic-violence etc.
- Econo: un/der/employment, the welfare-to-work distortion, ‘jobs-jobs-jobs’ (Triple-J) politics, the massive inefficiency of not ‘exclusively producing and delivering the goods & services we need/desire’ etc.
- Natural: ecosystem destruction, species extinction, the explosive human population plague, plastic, climate change etc.
- International: our weaknesses boost our enemies, which is catalysing rivalry such as with China, Russia, North Korea and Iran.
Hypothesis: These catastrophes are due to a single foundational ‘Country-Citizen Interface’ contradiction whose deleterious effects cascade through and around every SEE facet.
Solution: ‘maximise citizens’ country-contributive self-actualisation’, which is achieved via maximising Cooperative-Competition (Coopetition).
This necessitates maximising ‘Metaphysical Coopetition Infrastructure’ (MCI), which consists of the 5 interdependent cornerstones of:
- Universal Rule of Coopetition-maximising Law — [In Australia] comparatively robust;
- Universal (compulsory-voting) Liberal Democracy — comparatively robust;
- Universal Healthcare — comparatively robust;
- Universal Education — comparatively robust;
- Universal Survival Income (USI) substituted as an upgrade for Universal Minimum Hourly Wages (UMHoW) — No, not yet.
[This USI-absence means there is Indirect-Survival-Income-Slavery (ISIS), which detracts from each of the other cornerstones making them all far less effective — for ex., poverty reduces many children’s capacity to focus on their Education.]
The Socio-Econo-Enviro-Harmonising Universal Survival Income (USI):
It’s not that it is the solution;
It’s that its absence is the problem.
While the current UMHoW/Jobseeker system comprises 1-way Welfare Cost, which benefits recipients at the country’s expense including via division — for ex., the ‘dole-bludger’ narrative — The USI is a 2-way MCI Investment, which, as with the other MCI cornerstones, generates a massive multiplicative return-on-investment.]
Around $20,000 per year x 18 million (non-incarcerated in-country adult Australian citizens) + $5,000 x 4.5 million (children) = $386 billion.
This may be achieved by (2018 figures):
- Abolition of the Tax-Free Threshold ($35 billion);
- Reallocating the $175 billion Social Services budget (yes, federally, we are already spending almost half of that needed)
- Inserting a 20% full-breadth GST (no — it’s not regressive if the Disempowered are net beneficiaries; also, the wealthy and multinationals’ capacity to avoid a GST is particularly limited), which results in $200 billion minus $60 billion (from the current 10% gap-ridden GST) equalling an additional $140 billion.
In addition to this $325 billion total, there will be massive human-capital, efficiency, community-involvement and trust gains, which means, not only is The USI easily afforded, we will be, at least, twice as prosperous.
In the process, the economy will be transformed from an inefficient, resource-wasting and environment-trashing own-goal one to ‘an efficient production and distribution of goods and services we need/desire’ one.
That is, around half our 13 million paid-workers have:
- Jobs-for-jobs-sake paid-work — i.e. excess public service jobs and subsidised/protected private enterprise jobs
- Magnify-the-ISIS-Mess paid-work — i.e. Harassment-magnification via Centrelink and the Job-Search agencies
- Manage-the-ISIS-Mess paid-work — i.e. by far the most significant of the 3, includes most of the charity sector, which is 11% of the economy and 5.7 million volunteers, much of the health sector (especially mental-health), also Centrelink and most of the justice sector.
Then, there is the massive permeating benefit of achieving full-employment, which will, with everyone free to say ‘no’ to an employer and the present social-status premium on paid-work over unpaid-work rectified, create a workers’ paradise.
Yet, this workers’ paradise will embody significant labour-market reform (we can overcome our emotional attachment to economy-wide minimum-wages).
And, this means many of our volunteers can get paid something and our young, elderly, relatively unskilled, disabled, unpaid-carers, 800,000+ unemployed and 1.1 million+ underemployed can, if they desire, get paid-work (or, more work) such that ‘anyone who, at the going rate, wants paid-work, can get it’.
In addition, The USI will eradicate the current welfare-to-paid-work distortion, which disincentivises acquiring paid-work because one loses one’s welfare.
Furthermore, full-employment will result in wages and conditions being bid-up.
And yet, business, as well as benefiting from deregulation, will also benefit from an absence of unhappy conscripts, which given, with regard to morale and productivity, ‘one bad apple spoils the barrel’, will deliver massive productivity efficiencies.
All this means our tradables’ sector — especially manufacturing — will roar.
The Citizen’s Dividend Organisation’s Commitment (August 1, 2019):
1. Short-term (interim) — At the 2022 Australian Federal Election (unlike in 2019), at least one registered political party will have the USI as its signature policy such that The USI is an election issue
2. Medium-term (end) — At the 2025 Australian Federal Election, the winner has a mandate for the implementation of The USI, which it then prosecutes.
Without The Universal Survival Income (USI),
It’s Impossible to Save the Environment.